Sunday, June 28, 2009

Where I want to study...

In a privileged country, home to over four-thousand universities and colleges, the desire to pursue higher education should be a common goal to achieve for every aspiring individual. I, as an individual who wishes to make his mark in life have gone through the process of assessing my strengths and interests to discern what I want to do for a career, as well as which university I want to study at in order to better achieve those goals.

In a fascination of large scale and modern architecture as well as in older, Romanesque, and Gothic architecture, I always have had a great interest for architecture as a possible career path and as a way to express my nature of creativity. In the spring of this year, I took this interest a step further when I began searching for colleges that offered this major, one of them being the College of Architecture at the University of Nebraska. I scheduled a tour of the college, and I was very impressed with all the potential wealth of experience the major had to offer.

Another chief interest that I have is in the science of engineering. I was drawn towards this field at a very early age because of my love for locomotive trains, hence, the occupation of being a train engineer. I was also influenced to pursue a career in engineering because my father was a manufacture engineer at the Ford Motor Company. My insight to his fast-paced, problem-solving and hands-on approach towards engineering eventually leads me to seriously consider this major.

Since I am considering two fields, both with their share of interesting attributes, I decided to combine the two with my gift of creativity and with technicality to major in Architectural Engineering. No sooner did I decide to pursue this career when I discovered that the University of Nebraska was one of the only fifteen schools in the United States that offered this major.

I believe that deciding to receive a bachelors degree at my university choice, The University of Nebraska Lincoln, is an excellent one because of the invaluable opportunity to study what I want to study at a high-class school for the major and to receive a curriculum rigorous enough to ensure preparation to swiftly begin working in the field as an intern, and as a successful graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment